12.30.2011

2011 NADAC Championships!

What a week, what a week. It's one I'll never forget, that's for sure. The entire atmosphere and the feeling of how we just seemed to really come together more and more each run is something that could never be replaced. I've seen people for quite some time say just how incredible national events are, and I finally understand just what they mean by that. There was definitely the sense of pressure before each run, but I found that it quickly subsided to just pure JOY to be out there with my dog. I admit I probably started out a little bit more stressed than I should have, but what I read on Saturday night was what I feel really pulled me together to put out the best runs with Splash that we have ever given in our entire agility career Sunday:

"So perhaps, if you happen to read this before champs, which is kind of impossible because it starts tomorrow (which is now today), but just really look at your dog. She is the image of yourself. Think of everything you've ever done, the whole journey you've gone on, and what is really important to you.

Don't look back, make a wish, and take the chance."

So powerful and my only regret is that I did not read that sooner. I spent more time that Sunday with my girl rather than watching others run. Because, really, why does what others do matter? I was lucky enough to actually be there with my dog; I was lucky enough to HAVE a dog by my side, doing what we both love. After Finals and the quick bit of a celebration after, I got as far away from where anyone could see us and just spent some time one-on-one in pure happiness and playing with Splash. Not because I knew we had just pulled off Top Junior Handler, not because I knew that had just put down an absolutely incredible run, but because it just felt so amazing. I've never felt so one with Splash before, and I don't think I've ever seen her be so happy. It's so powerful, I tell you, that feeling of magic. So overpowering. Goodness, I love this dog so much. There's really no other words to describe it so I'll just let the video say the rest of it. :) What an incredible little girl.



Here is the link to a playlist with the full runs for those of you that would like to see those!

No comments:

Post a Comment